At Fountaingrove Golf and Athletic Club, our goal is to make sure the overall experience for members is both memorable and enjoyable. In order to make that goal a reality, we ask that members and their guests abide by the following customs and courtesies whenever playing or practicing on the course:
- All shirts must have a collar or mock neck.
- Cargo shorts and shorts that are more than 3 inches below the knee are not permitted.
- Gym and athletic workout apparel are not permitted.
- Hats, when worn, must have the bill facing forward.
- Golf shoes or proper footwear must be worn at all times. Soft spikes only!
- Tank tops are not permitted (Sleeveless shirts are acceptable).
- Shorts, skirts, and skorts are not to be more than 4 inches above the knee.
- Shoes with heels are not permitted.
- Blue denim apparel is not allowed on the golf course, driving range, or practice facilities.
- All golfers must check in with the golf shop prior to playing.
- Please replace or fill all divots and repair all ball marks.
- Range balls are not permitted on the golf course, they must remain on the driving range.
- Sand must be knocked off from your shoes immediately upon exiting any bunker.
- All trash, recycling, and nutshells should be disposed of properly in the nearest trash receptacle.
- No outside alcoholic beverages are permitted on club property.
- You must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license in order to drive a golf cart (16 years old with a valid driver’s license and with a licensed adult).
- Maximum of 2 riders per cart, golfers are not permitted to stand on the back of carts.
- All golf carts must be returned to either the golf shop or the staging area under the overhang. Golf carts must never be left unattended in the parking lots.
- Cell phone use is permitted at a volume that will not disturb the other members and guests or cause undue delay in pace of play.
- Use of laptops, iPads, tablets, and PDAs is permitted with the sound off and in a manner that will not to disturb the other members and guests.
Pace of Play
- The standard time to play the golf course is 4.5 hours from your designated tee time.
- Players shall play ready golf at all times and should be prepared to hit their shot when it is their turn.
- If there is an open hole in front and the group following is waiting, it is customary to allow the faster group to play through.
- Priority on the golf course is as follows: Foursomes, Threesomes, Twosomes, and finally Singles.
- Any group that is out of position by a hole or more will:
- 1st time – Be notified by the golf shop of their position and asked to speed up and close the gap.
- 2nd time - Allow the group behind to play through and remind them to keep up with that group for the remainder of the round.
- 3rd time – Be asked to pick up and move directly behind the same group that has bypassed them.